Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Things I do.

On Tuesday nights I go to kickboxing class at the Y. It is sweet. This woman named Stella teaches the class and it runs for an hour. She's kind of a dominatrix. I'm one of maybe two dudes that attends the class on a regular basis, but I don't care. Ain't nothin' wrong with doing a little cardio kickboxing on a Tuesday night with Stella and the girls.

I guess you've realized Amy takes a lot of these pictures. When I want her to take my picture it usually goes something like this:

Tyler: Uhhh, Amy, can you take my picture?
Amy: Is it for the blog?
Tyler: Yea...um...ok, basically, I'm going to stand over here and act like I'm kicking someone
Amy: ...Whatever.
flash (goes the camera)
Tyler: You think you could take another one, maybe if you stood over there and I do this...yea, that'll work
Amy: Oh my lord you're weird.


I've also joined a class at a local United Methodist church centered around this book, "Expereincing God." (I accidentally typed "Gob" instead of "God", it was funny, anyway...) Wasn't it nice of Gob to pose for the cover shot? I thought so too. The class is a little different than what I expected, but its challenged and expanded my ideas about God and what I believe is important about my faith.

I thought the "church ladies" should get some blog time too. They are such delightful people.

It's dawning on me that I have to do a lot of "real person" things, even though I only consider myself about a "half a real person" or so, seeing as I don't pay bills or file for income taxes or anything on that level of adultiness. The picture above is the result of this past Saturday's grocery shopping outing. Our Saturday shopping reminded me of that part in Old School where Will Ferrell sasy to somebody, "Well, um, actually we've got a pretty nice little Saturday planned, we're going to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."


This past Saturday Amy forced me to buy a case of wine, against my will. I kept telling her that I didn't think it was a wise use of my limited missionary stipend, but she threatened to physically harm me, so I gave in. That's a true story.

Cork lady was pleased with our purchase. Doesn't she look pleased?

For Halloween I went to a "Super _____" themed party. So you were suppossed to dress up as Superman, Superstar, whatever, get creative. I decided to be Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious. How does one dress as Supercalif...cious you might ask, or not ask. Well I'll tell you. Just tape the letters of the word all over your clothing. As luck would have it, two other jerks at the party had the same idea. Only, they decided to be characters from Mary Poppins. Lame.

Jerk Chimney sweep. (middle)

Not pictured: jerk Mary Poppins, girlfriend of jerk Chimney Sweep.

A nice picture of our street.

Don't worry mom, I'm making good choices.

The End -Tyler

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for making me laugh out loud.

just so you know, i saw all that blue moon in that junk in your trunk (have you ever had it with orange slices in it? that's how they serve it in the hoosier state. though B and i are on a hefe-weizen kick lately). anyway, just wanted to say that it tastes so good when it hits your lips.

i'm so glad amy is there to keep you straight. or whatever. tell her to email me or something.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Glorious post Tyler!

For some reason, thinking of you in kickboxing class reminded me of Kip from Napoleon Dynamite in his fighting class. Not that you're wimpy and weird and into on-line dating... just because. I think you need to wear your glow-in-the-dark 80's windsuit pants to your next kickboxing class. If you did, then you could say, "You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Also, I hear you're returning home this week. Have a safe journey and I'll see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home