Monday, October 09, 2006

Some pictures from what some might call:

Weekend Awesome.

I'm just saying, it was a pretty cool weekend.

Did you see the best band in the world that rhymes with Milco?

Were you photographed with a guy wearing a sweet t-shirt? Well, we'll see.


Friday night Amy and I traveled to Lansing (middle hand region of the state) to see a favorite band of mine, Wilco. The two pictures above are of the show. The first one, obviously during, and the second one, after. It was an extremely rockin show. If you're out there Jeff, you're my boy.

A cool thing about being in Detroit this weekend was getting to watch the Tigers beat out the Yankees to advance in the playoffs. No, I didn't go to any of the games, but I watched on TV with some friends. If any of you saw the series clincher on Saturday, you might have seen one of the Tigers players pour champagne on a police officer's head during the post game celebration. I tried to find that picture on the internet, but couldn't, so this one will have to do. A side note, this picture is kind of creepy and reminds me of the "rub my belly" scene in one of the Austin Powers movies.

Moving right along. Amy and I were invited by our co-worker/friend Andy, and his wife Leslie, above, to go to Cedar Point Sunday afternoon. For those of you not in the know, I wasn't either, but apparently Cedar Point is, and I believe the hype now, one of the best roller coaster parks in the nation. Andy and Leslie generously paid for my ticket.

I was fortunate enough to be photograped with this guy at the park. Cheers to you hippy haired beer liking man. Indeed sir, I enjoy beer too.

This is the Dragster. You know a roller coaster is freaky if they built stands for people to watch others ride. It's definitely intense, and will take you from 0-120 mph in four seconds, but it's nothing compared to...

...the Frog Hopper! Be afraid. It's 5 miles per hour of skull crushing force and exhileration. Just look at its terrified participants. It seems like I remember those kids screaming something like, "No, no more, it's just too much action packed frog hopping for one ride!"

A "real nice" picture of the park at sunset. Cedar Point is in Sandusky, Ohio and about a two hour ride from Detroit.

So concludes a weekend of awesomeness. -Tyler

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Wilco last night was wonderful. Our seats were in the very center only 7 or 8 rows back and the 3 guys in front of us were rockin' out BIG time. I asked Jeff if he rememberd you from the Lansing show and he said he could never forget that dashing lad in the blue button up and hoped you enjoyed yourself and in honor of you ended our show with the same song your show ended with. Crazy, I know.

Also, did you ask that man in the "I like beer." shirt to pose with you? If so, cheers.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I am soooo jealous! I love CP--used to go every summer as a kid. I have not been in many years, but I guess it would help if I actally lived in the state when it was open! I am glad you had a good time, and never doubt the power of an OH attraction!

peace and blessings

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger J-Mike said...

Dude, Ty, You are the freakin man! Your blogs are awesome!! I'd love to go to Cedar Point one day...since you never mentioned it I take it you did not ride the Dragster?? yeah I would probably chicken out too...have a good rest of the week cant wait to read more

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger iMollie said...

i'm nauseous looking at those rides...no pictures of you on them?

as "Tommy Boy" is one of my all-time faves, Sandusky is kinda a Mecca for me. you are so lucky.

hug amy for me,
mollie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home