Monday, October 02, 2006


I've been thinking this week about what makes a guy "manly." You know, what makes us men, men? Is it pumping iron and flexing your guns like our friend Arnold? Maybe so.

I call this, "Things that make me feel like a man."

For some reason it's funnier if you read the captions as if you were Will Ferrell impersonating President Bush, or something like that.

Enjoy.




Drinkin out of my Bama coozie.

Watchin Bama play while drinkin out of my Bama coozie.

Rockin out to Toby Keith on my I-pod.

Eatin big pieces of meat.

Writin thank you notes to valued donors.

Makin sure terrorists aren't under my bed.

Examining flowery lace curtains...right? Of course I'm right. Chicks dig guys that examine lacey curtains.
End Bush impersenations. Ok, good.
Special thanks to my personal photographer: Miss Amy Brown. That should shut her up. :)
FYI, one of the pictures above is of me in my office at work, which you probably could have figured out. I do in fact write lots of thank you notes, mostly to folks who've contributed financially to the NOAH Project. Also, I have my own desk and computer, but share the office with the parish nurse, Chari. Oh, we also have our own bathroom, pretty sweet.
Let's see...Everything is good hear. I know some of you are interested in the work I'm doing regarding the homeless/how I'm adjusting to Detroit and so forth. I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate such things into future posts, we'll see what happens.
One more thing: If you're like me, you like awesome movies. So, you should go see Little Miss Sunshine, twice, maybe three times. Check it out. It's sweet...sweetness.
I guess that's it for now. I'm thinking about everyone and hoping each of you are doing well. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you ever want to chat. My cell remains the same. Would I abandon the 205, nooo.
-Tyler

5 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger iMollie said...

So funny. I laughed out loud at the pics hearing Will's voice in my head (is it scary I can conjure his voice so easily?)
I think my husband is in the camp that believes the coozies and Bama games increase and enhance masculinity.
Great to see how you are - give Amy a big hug for us.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved it! Thanks for the heads up on the post. I am definitely into any guy who examines lacey curtains...actually, strike that. I've had bad experience with this. Enjoyed getting to talk to you last night. Keep on keepin on, and I'll control the 'Ham for you.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Loved seeing the pictures. I almost went to Detroit a few weeks ago. My boyfriend, roommate and I were in Wisconsin, and we were driving back and Kris really wanted to go to Detroit (even though it was like 6 hours out of the way!) because "we are up here, and we might as well!" Luckily, I was driving (the rented mini-van) and had him believing that Taylor, Indiana was actually Detroit and "see, don't believe all that hype about big cities, they aren't that exciting!" :) Hope all is well - thanks for sharing pictures

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger wicked said...

loved the pictures (and captions, w/ or w/out the voice...) -- especially the ipod picture ... but come on, toby keith?!! you can do better ... oh, and the checking for terrorist picture was quite choice, as well. have you ever considered checking behind your shower curtain? that's where i always look. but i'm "just a girl", so maybe that's a girly thing to do ... (i put that in quotes because it's the name of a song, not to make any kind of comment about gender status -- you're supposed to do that for song names, you know)

and thanks for the movie tip. i've been wanting to see that movie forever, but noone will go with me. if noone agrees to go with my by saturday, i'll probably just go myself ...

this was a really long comment. i probably should have just written you an email. haha, oh well!! still waiting for that call...
--christina

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

The Dot pillow is on your bed. How wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home