Sunday, October 28, 2007

I love the cracker barrel.

I don't know why. Oh wait yes I do, because it's bad ass. At cracker barrel you can order milk and you get whole milk, bam, no questions asked. just like that, and a mug, oh and yes, it's a cold mug.

I went to cracker barrel for dinner tonight. It was fantastic. I get basically the same thing every time, every time being about 3 times. Vegetable plate, four vegetables. Always the fried apples because they are delicious. Then it's usually a tough choice between greens and green beans. Both are delicious. Macaroni and cheese is always a good decision and so is okra, always.

Cracker Barrel is one of those places you hope the waitress calls you sweetie or darlin'... no male servers, please. i need a middle aged to older woman who is going to refill my tea and ask me if the food's alright and call me darlin', and you can not be a dude to pull this off.

Everything at cracker barrel is simple, including the people. just plain folks, gettin their country cookin from a place where the people are decent and honest, and you can check out a book on tape, for a reasonable price, that can be turned in at any barrel location.

When the waitress brought me a water and it had lemon in it, I was tempted to remove the lemon from the water. There's somethin about lemon in water that's a bit too la dee da for my simple cracker barrel tastes. I usually prefer lemon in my water, but not at cracker barrel. All I need to accessorize my food is a shit ton of pepper sauce and your basic salt and pepper, and none of that grind it up in the shaker pepper, just the regular amurican kind.

As I paid at the cash register I was tempted to tell the teenager at the register how much I loved the cracker barrel. I really wanted to gush to this person, but then I thought she might not appreciate, or worse yet, love the barrel like I do, and I couldn't stand to think she might not love her job as much as I thought she should, a lot.

The end.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

I'm glad you're back to your bloggin' days. You want to hear something crazy? Cracker Barrel employs approximately 150 people per store!

Also, you didn't mention playing the peg game while you were there and that's the best part about Cracker Barrel.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been to Berts on the Bluff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home