Friday, April 06, 2007

I wrote this post a few weeks ago and forgot to post it. Enjoy.

A word on the book of face.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at work I'll be doing something and all of the sudden I'll notice a new e-mail, and I'll dash to open the g-mail tab to find out who sent me an e-mail. Between the time I see that someone has e-mailed me and the moment I find out who sent me a message I think, I wonder if it's from facebook, oh I hope it's from facebook and someone has written on my wall...or maybe it's a friend request, but I don't get those too often so it's probably not. Then I think, ok Tyler, calm down and prepare yourself from something lame like...not from facebook. Then when it's not from facebook, I resume what I was doing on facebook.

I'm so pathetic.

I got really excited around spring break time because I knew people would post their obligatory spring break photo albums on facebook. Most of these albums are pretty standard, beach stuff, a camping trip, maybe the occasional cruise, but I don't care. I need to be reminded that others had a spring break. I'm not really even that jealous, but I have to see those damn pictures. You went to the beach, but never went outside because you played beer pong all week long in a friends parent's beach house? I need to see those. You went out to dinner for seafood? I like seafood, and watching you eat it. You dug a hole at the beach and got in it? Must see FB. Am I a stalker? Yes. End of story.

You might have already seen this you tube video about facebook, but if not, or if you want to watch it again, which you should, check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHi-ZcvFV_0

"confirm, confirm, confirm, confirm"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home